SAFETY MEASURES TO ENSURE A HAPPY DIWALI
During Diwali, fireworks play a major part of our entertainment. Using fireworks properly and following some simple fireworks safety tips can make fireworks activities fun and prevent dangerous mishaps.
Take necessary precautions
- Do not wear loose clothing while using fireworks.
- Never light fireworks indoors or near dry grass.
- Point fireworks away from homes, and keep away from dry bushes, leaves
and flammable substances.
Everyone enjoys fireworks, especially in the festive seasons. But customers need to be careful about where they buy their fireworks. It is recommended that you buy fireworks only from a licensed store. Never buy fireworks from an individual’s house or from someone on the street. Such firecrackers are likely illegal explosives.
Recommended safety tips
- Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
- Know your fireworks: Read the cautionary labels and instructions before lighting.
- A responsible adult should supervise all fireworks activities. Never leave children alone with fireworks.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix.
- Wear safety glasses when lighting fireworks.
- Light one fireworks at a time and then quickly move away.
- Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area, away from buildings and vehicles.
- Never relight a “DUD” fireworks. Wait for 20 minutes and then soak the “DUD” fireworks in a bucket of water.
- Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
- Never carry fireworks in your pockets or shoot the crackers into metal or glass containers.
- Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.